Warm Raspberry Honey Tea Cup Cupcakes
This recipe is the true meaning of cupcakes as they are baked in a tea cup. They are great for a princess tea party or a fun afternoon for a special mother and daughter moment! These are also ideal to serve as individual desserts.
1 cup (250 mL) Fresh Raspberries
1 tsp (5 mL) fresh squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup (60 mL) + 1 tbsp. (15 ml) natural quality honey
8 tbsp. (118 mL) butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup (175 mL) self-rising cake and pastry flour
Fresh whipping cream
Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Combine raspberries, lemon juice and 1 tbsp. of honey in a small pan over medium-low heat. Cook until berries release juices and thicken slightly, about 5 mins. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease 8 heavy, small round tea cups with butter. Spoon 1 tsp of the raspberry sauce in the bottom of each tea cup.
3. Put the butter and honey in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add eggs beating well after each addition and then add vanilla. Sift in the flour and fold into the mixture using a metal spoon.
4. Spoon the batter into the tea cups. Stand the teacups in a roasting pan, pour enough hot water to come one-third up the sides of the cups. Bake the cupcakes for 40mins or until well risen and golden brown. If over browning, cover cup cakes with a sheet of foil. Let cupcakes cool for a few minutes and then place on saucers.
5. Top with a dollop of fresh whipping cream and a raspberry, lightly dust with icing sugar.
Irene for Daily Tiramisu