- 1 ciabatta bread
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive oil + more for brushing and drizzling
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp Sherry vinegar
- Optional Garnish: Fresh basil or oregano
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Cut your ciabatta bread in half lengthwise and then into hand-held-size squares. Brush the face of the bread with olive oil and grill on a preheated grill until the face is golden and the edges are nicely charred (but not burned), about 4-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, remove the tops of the tomatoes and then cut them in half. Grate the tomatoes on the large grates of a cheese grater and discard the peel. Add olive oil (and sherry vinegar, if using), salt and pepper. Give this a stir to combine and taste for seasoning.
- Top your grilled ciabatta bread pieces with the tomato mixture. Drizzle with some additional olive oil and garnish with fresh herbs (if using).
- Prep Time: 15 mins