A fruit salad is great but you can`t call it a salad until it`s dressed! Here is a recipe for a great dressing for your fruit salad. I use this dressing with a mixture of melons and some blueberries. It has lemon to keep the fruit fresh, honey to enhance the sweetness of the fruit and last but not least freshly chopped mint to balance out the sweetness and add another level of freshness.
Serve with a dollop of your favourite yogurt and make it a healthy dessert! I serve mine in these muffin tin liners. They are thick and sturdy and hold a perfect portion size!
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium honeydew melon, peeled and seeded
- 1 small watermelon, peeled and seeded
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) blueberries
- Equal parts honey and lemon
- Chopped fresh mint to taste
- Chop cantaloupe and honeydew melons into bite-sized chunks. Cut watermelon into chunks. Keep each melon in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together until well blended.
- Layer the fruit in a large glass bowl or a large jar for easy transport. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the layered fruit salad and toss until evenly coated. Serve cold in mini cups.