Calling all Ice Cream lovers!
I have decided to run a contest to celebrate the new and improved Daily Tiramisu website as well as to show my love of ice cream AND, of course, my love for all of my new followers!
I was recently featured on Rogers TV York region. I showed the viewers how to make a basic vanilla bean ice cream. Try making it at home and let me know how it goes! My recipe is posted below. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. You will see my segment up on my YouTube channel HERE. Please hit subscribe while you are visiting there and you will be alerted to all of my new television segments!
Back to the contest – Enter here to win a Mia & Booboo Modern Golden Ice Cream Pillow Case that was recently featured on Food & Wine!
You must enter the contest HERE and follow the instructions!
(You will get entered into the contest if you do one of the following: visit my Facebook Page, Follow me on Twitter, Mention Daily Tiramisu in a Tweet and follow me on Instagram! The more you do the more entries you receive! The contest closes on May 1, 2015 at 12:00am – Good Luck!)
Terms & Conditions: Only open to residents of Canada & USA. Winner will be randomly selected and will receive (1) Mia & Booboo Modern Golden Ice Cream Pillow Case.
(Shop for more of Mia & Booboo Designs Here!)
I am obsessed with ice cream, as most of you already know, and I have a bunch of great ice cream recipes on my website that you can try for yourself! I encourage you to go out and buy a standard ice cream machine (under $40) and get on your way to making all-natural and delicious ice cream!
Here is my basic recipe for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. If you want to infuse a flavour like coffee, for example, do this during step 1. If you want to add in nuts or crushed cookies, for example, do that in the last 5 minutes of the churning process or when your ice cream is frozen, use a spatula and fold in any add-ins that that you want!
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Total Time: 6 hours
- Yield: 1 quart 1x
This is the base recipe that I use for all of my ice creams.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced and seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place cream, milk, vanilla beans and seeds into a medium heavy-based saucepan. Heat until mixture just starts to simmer.
- Meanwhile beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and thick. Remove vanilla bean from cream mixture and slowly whisk half of the milk mixture into the egg mixture. Then pour back into the saucepan.
- Return mixture back to low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a heatproof bowl, fitted with a sieve, and put bowl with the strained ice cream base into a bowl with an ice bath. Cool the base to room temperature and then cover and refrigerate until well chilled (at least 5 hours or ideally overnight).
- Pour into ice cream machine drum and follow your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Once mixture is frozen, transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 hours 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
Other Daily Tiramisu Ice Cream Recipes:
Daily Tiramisu’s Signature Gelato
Drunkin’ Cherry & Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream