These real Belgium waffles are the perfect addition to any breakfast, brunch or even as a dessert. Serve them with your favourite toppings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 1–1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Banana Bourbon syrup (recipe follows)
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Sprinkle with a light dusting of icing sugar. Serve with banana bourbon syrup (recipe follows) and shredded coconut.