Serve with sliced, toasted & herbed rustic bread (Recipe follows).
Sliced, toasted & herbed rustic bread: Slice a rustic baguette into 1 inch thick slices. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Serve bread warm with the pasta.
My Dad’s Pasta /w Rapini + our 100th Post!
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 bunch of Rapini, cleaned and cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 450g of pasta (Penne Rigate or Bocconcini pasta works best)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 T olive oil
- 1/4 pound of diced pancetta
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- S + P to taste
- Hot Pepper (optional)
- Fill a deep pot with 5 litres of water and bring to a boil.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and add pancetta. Cook until the fat has rendered and the pancetta is crispy. Add garlic and cook until glistening (for hot pepper lovers – add the hot peppers in when cooking your garlic). Set aside until the pasta is ready.
- Add rapini to the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Then, add the pasta and salt and cook the pasta to “al dente”. Drain the pasta and rapini together.
- Put the pasta and rapini back into the large pot. Pour the oil, garlic and pancetta mixture over the cooked pasta and rapini. Add breadcrumbs, cheese and toss until all of the ingredients are incorporated. You can add pasta water slowly about a tablespoon at a time while stirring to thicken the sauce. Top with more freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins