I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like a good pizza – today I share with you one of my favourite fresh pizza recipes. It’s fairly simple when you break down the ingredients, and they all merry together so beautifully. This is a white pizza with roasted garlic, parsley, Asiago cheese and it is topped with arugula, fresh prosciutto di Parma and slices of sweet Bosc pear. The base is quite powerful in flavour and the arugula, prosciutto and pear act to neutralize the sharpness and saltiness of the cheese and the slightly bitter roasted garlic.
Of course, an authentic pizza oven makes the perfect pizza crust but I did this pizza on my pizza stone and it turned out perfectly! I used the typical method for roasting garlic (put the entire head of garlic, cut in half lengthwise, drizzled with olive oil and salt, in a foil packet in a 350 degree oven until it is easy to squeeze out of the peel and easy to spread and incorporate with the cheeses, about 40 minutes).
To make this pizza on the Barbecue: Make sure your grills are oiled and hot. Stretch out your dough before placing it on the grills of the barbecue. When you have stretched your dough to your desired size, place it on the barbecue grills. Add on your grated cheeses. Close the lid and let cook for 1-2 full minutes. When your pizza is crispy and the cheeses are melted, use a barbecue spatula to take the pizza off the hot grills. Put your pizza on a heat safe plate and pile on the arugula, pears and prosciutto. Drizzle your pizza with some Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar. Enjoy! Dinner in minutes!
This is a great quick and easy lunch dish, and, it’s pretty close to eating a salad…so, it gets my healthy stamp of approval!
- 1 Pizza dough from your favourite bakery, divided
- 8 large cloves roasted garlic
- 2 Tbsp parsley, divided and finely chopped
- 2 cups Asiago cheese, shredded
- 16 oz baby arugula
- 8 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- s+p to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the roasted garlic, parsley, Asiago cheese together until all ingredients are incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Split your dough in half and spread one half over a medium sized pizza stone that has been heated in your oven.
- Spread half of your Asiago cheese mixture over the dough. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the crust appears golden and crisp.
- When the pizza is done, remove from the oven and add a layer of arugula, then scatter slices of prosciutto and pear slivers. Drizzle with some balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Repeat with second half of dough.