I said I was going to address your kitchen stresses and prep time was a big stress of yours. I’ve got something for you that will take care of this kitchen stress…keep reading!
Meal prep saves a ton of time, but it’s the ‘prep’ part that I struggle with. Prep takes time. I mean the chopping of copious amounts of vegetables. Yes, it saves you time during a busy work week but it takes time away from your much needed weekend or evening.
There is a new appliance on the market called the Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice. It is amazing and will make your meal-prep more efficient. It also means you will incorporate more seasonal vegetables in meals without the tedious meal-prep required. It peels, dices, slices, mixes and chops in half the time and without any hassle. Clean up is a breeze too because you can clean most of the parts in your dishwasher. (Want win your very own? — Details at the bottom of the page!)
I used to stay away from food processors in general because I always thought that chopping by hand would be quicker because I wouldn’t have to clean an appliance. I was very wrong about this! The Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice works to peel and dice 7 small potatoes in under a minute. How could I ever compete with that? Then I take the bowl and blades and pop them right into my dishwasher. DONE!
It’s easier to create healthier, home-made meals for the family, too. It puts convenience back into scratch-made meals and that is something to get really excited about. I get my prep done so fast these days that I often contemplate if I’ve missed something. It also gets me to create more complex, gourmet meals without the hassle.
Soup season is also upon us, with the first day of fall being tomorrow, and what’s the most tedious part of making a soup? Chopping the mirepoix of ingredients for the base, of course! Now, you can do this in less than half the time and ‘mirepoix like a boss’. So go ahead, make all the soup!
There is a special Gift Offer Promotion, too. When you purchase the Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice, you can register to receive a complimentary dicing kit worth $179.99 retail value. This is a gift with purchase while supplies last. The base unit comes with the 12mm dicing blade but the dicing kit will give you an 8mm and 16mm blade so you have the range from tiny salsa cubes to chunkier fruit salads.
Entertaining is now a breeze – If you have some unexpected guests show up at your door, you can whip up a pico de gallo or guacamole in literally seconds! Nothing beats a fresh pico de gallo.
It’s apple season right now in Canada so I tested out my brand new Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice on my salad recipe – Apple & Mozzarella Salad.
I peeled the apples by hand in the video just out of curiosity and it took me 6 minutes to peel 8 apples (and I’m super-fast at peeling apples). I later tried peeling the apples using the Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice and it peeled them in seconds! I could never compete with that! You can see how fast the machine julienne’s the apples and even shreds the mozzarella in my video! It’s literally unbelievable!
- ½ head of white radicchio lettuce, diced
- 4 Apples, peeled, cored and with a thick julienne
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, shredded thick
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, S & P
- Wash, dry and chop the radicchio lettuce and set it aside, covered, in your refrigerator. (This will be the base for the apple and mozzarella salad).
- Shred the mozzarella and julienne the apples and put them in separate bowls. Squeeze lemon juice over the shredded apples and mix until the apples are well dressed with lemon juice. (This salad needs lots of acidity.)
- Add the shredded Mozzarella to the apple and lemon mixture and combine the two ingredients using tongs to mix or clean hands.
- Add a healthy drizzle of olive oil and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the apple and cheese mixture to the bowl with bed of white radicchio lettuce. Serve immediately.
Another Breville appliance that I’ve spoken about on Daily tiramisu that goes hand-in-hand with the Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice is Breville’s Smart Oven Air Pro. Here is my blog post and video about it.
You can literally have roasted potatoes done in half the time compared with hand chopping and a conventional oven.
Try my recipe for my Easiest Herb Roasted Potatoes:
- 2.5 lbs yellow flesh potatoes (about 5 large potatoes), diced in 1 large pieces
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, rosemary and oregano. Set aside.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Add the potatoes to the large bowl with the seasoning rub and toss to coat. Place the potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once at the half way point, until crispy and golden brown. Serve immediately.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, the biggest eating holiday of the year, I can’t wait to see how many sides I can prepare while the turkey is roasting! I am mostly excited for how much time I will save.
JOIN ME LIVE: @JulesAuJus
INSTAGRAM LIVE GIVEAWAY & COOK OUT
Thursday, September 27th, 2018 @ 7PM (EST)
This Thursday I’m cooking LIVE on Instagram and if you tune in you have a chance at winning the brand spanking new Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice valued at $699.99 (CAD). All you have to do is tune in and join in on the conversation. I will be choosing (1) winner among all of those who commented during the IG LIVE! See you there!
To purchase your very own Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice, click HERE.
(*This post was created in partnership with Breville Canada. However, and as always, all opinions are my own. I have been a fan of Breville for as long as I can remember so this was a perfect partnership for Daily Tiramisu!)