Moist and not too sweet, my banana-chocolate chip muffins are tasty for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Chocolate chips or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and set aside. Beat bananas, sugar and eggs in your stand mixer, on medium speed, until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add sour cream and vanilla until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a lined muffin tins and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean (with just crumbs).
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins