- 150g of chocolate cookie crumbs
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 450g Marscapone Cheese
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 10g lemon zest
- 170g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 235g heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 10g good-quality ground espresso beans
- Make the tart shell: Put cookie crumbs in a bowl and pour the melted butter over the crumbs. Combine the butter with the crumbs until evenly incorporated. Press the mixture into the bottom edges of a 10 inch tart pan using the back of a spoon and/or your fingers. Put into the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling: In the bowl of your stand mixer, whip together the cheese, sugar and lemon zest until evenly incorporated. Set aside while you prepare your ganache topping.
- Make the ganache: Put the chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl, and set aside. Bring cream and espresso to a high heat in a small pan. Pour the heated cream mixture over your chopped chocolate. Let stand for about 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Let the ganache cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Assemble the tart: Spread the mascarpone mixture over the tart shell using the back of a spoon, making sure to cover the entire surface of the tart shell. Pour the chocolate ganache over the mascarpone filling and slowly pick up the tart and tip it side to side to allow the ganache to cover the entire surface of the tart. Let the tart set in your refrigerator for about an hour before serving.