- 3 cups Quinoa, cooked (equivalent to about 1 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 5 slices Maple Leaf Natural Original Bacon
- 2 cups bok choy, ends removed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 egg, scrambled and sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Make ahead: If you have the quinoa and bacon cooked ahead of time, this dish comes together really quickly. Cook the quinoa in 2-3 cups of vegetable/chicken stock and refrigerate it in an airtight container until you need it (not longer than 5 days ahead). Cook the bacon at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until desired crispness. Drain (on a paper towel-lined plate) the bacon and roughly chop. Store it in your refrigerator in an airtight container until you are ready to use it.
- In a large wok or skillet over high heat, heat the canola oil. Add onions, garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté the mixture until the onions are slightly translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the raw bok choy and cooked Maple Leaf Natural Original Bacon and sauté until the leaves turn bright green (about 1 minute).
- Add the cooked quinoa to the skillet along with the soy sauce and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the quinoa is warmed through.
- Add the raw egg to the skillet and stir it until the egg is cooked and evenly distributed throughout the quinoa (about 3 minutes).
- Add the sliced scrambled eggs and the scallions to the skillet and combine.
- Serve immediately with an extra garnish of sliced scallions.
- Keep any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Cuisine: brunch, lunch, dinner