- 5 Maple Leaf Top Dogs, sliced ¼ inch thick on a diagonal
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into ¼”-½’ cubes
- ½ large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 520ml can of cooked lentils, drained (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 1 small bunch Tuscan kale (equivalent to about 4 cups), ribs removed and finely sliced
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme (1 tsp thyme leaves)
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Once your oil is hot, add the onions, celery, carrots and sweet potatoes and cook for about 6-7 minutes (or until everything is softened).
- Add the hot dogs, garlic, thyme leaves, and sauté for about one minute.
- Add the chopped kale to the skillet and continue cooking until the kale wilts.
- Add the cooked lentils and sauté until the lentils are combined with the kale and sweet potato mixture and warmed through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Keep any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Cuisine: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner