Solution: Here is my easy S’mores recipe you can enjoy all year round with your family!
This dessert is the perfect little treat to bring to your next barbecue. You get the nostalgic benefit without the mess and the fire.
This version is perfect for more mature pallets as the marshmallows are not super sweet and the salted caramel balances out the sweetness of the Nutella. Also, you need a big mouth to bite into these tall stacks – but it is worth the stretch!
I hope you all have a relaxing, fun and yummy food filled long weekend!
Salted Caramel and Nutella S’mores
You will need:
1 Package of Honey Graham Crackers
1 jar of Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut spread
Marshmallows (recipe below)
Salted Caramel Sauce (recipe below)
(makes 12 – 18)
3 packages unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Combine the gelatin and 1/2 cup of cold water in the bowl and allow to sit while you make the syrup.
2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat to high and cook until the syrup reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat.
3. With the mixer on low speed fitted with a whisk attachment, slowly pour the sugar syrup into the dissolved gelatin. Put the mixer on high speed and whip until the mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. With a sieve, generously dust an 8 by 12-inch non metal baking dish with Icing sugar. Pour the marshmallow mixture into the pan, smooth the top, and dust with more Icing sugar. Allow to stand uncovered overnight until it dries out.
5. Turn the marshmallows onto a board and cut them in squares. Dust them with more Icing sugar.
Salted Caramel Sauce
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter
¾ cup heavy cream
½ tsp of course grey sea salt grinded or kosher salt
1. Spread sugar evenly in the bottom of a heavy duty stainless steel sauce pan, Pour in water, and heat over medium. Do not stir.
2. Bring to a boil. The sugar will begin to bubble and dissolve. If any undissolved sugar remains, a gentle swirl of the pan should help.
Watch for the colour to change from clear to a golden amber, the caramel should begin to slightly smoke then deepen to a reddish-brown colour
Once it reaches the proper reddish-brown colour, immediately remove from heat, and stir in remaining ingredients. Stir with a clean heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon until smooth.
3. Pour in heat-safe glass container for storage and let cool, or serve right away. Once cool, cover and refrigerate.
To assemble S’mores
Spread a tablespoon of Nutella on graham cracker. Add Marshmallow and drizzle Marshmallow with salted caramel. Spread a tablespoon of Nutella on a second piece of Graham Cracker to place on top of Marshmallow.