- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- 2 pkg (340 g/12 oz each) heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped red onions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped chives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place a heaping tablespoon of Parmigiano cheese on the lined baking sheet and pat down. Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing them ½ inch (1 cm) apart. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes until light golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, cut cherry tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Toss tomatoes gently in vinaigrette and place on a platter. Garnish with Parmigiano chips and fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 15 mins