MAKES 18-20 SNOWBALLS
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ¾ cups roasted, unsalted almonds (See Option)
- 5–6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp rolled oats or puffed millet
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place all ingredients except coconut flakes into the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Continue whirling mixture in processor until it just forms a ball.
- If mixture is still dry after a few minutes, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water until a large ball forms in your food processor. This means it’s sticky enough to roll into balls.
- One teaspoon at a time, form mixture into a ball and roll into coconut, pressing flakes as you roll it in your palms. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and then continuing to roll until you have used up all your mixture.
- Snowballs keep well in an air-tight container, refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Use half almonds and half walnuts instead of all almonds. Or add an additional a tablespoon of almond butter or peanut butter.
- You can add a scoop of protein power, too, for an extra bolt of protein.
- Prep Time: 5 mins