I love this pasta recipe! It is a simple yet an elegant one-pan pasta dish for any special dinner occasion. Feel free to substitute your favourite pasta or even add a splash of your go-to white wine!
1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
2 cups (225 g) mixed mushrooms thinly sliced (white, oyster, shiitake)
1 leek thinly sliced
5oz (150 g) pancetta diced
10 sundried tomatoes in oil thinly julienned
½ cup (125 mL) of chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup (60 g) grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
400 g (1 lb.) fresh linguine
2 tbsp (30 mL) each of fresh thyme and parsley chopped
½ cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmigiano Cheese
1. In a large saucepan heat oil and butter, sauté sliced mushrooms until softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the leek, pancetta and sundried tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for another 5 mins.
3. Add the stock and simmer for 2 mins, season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook linguine al dente.
5. Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Add the thyme and parsley and toss gently. Served topped with grated Parmigiano.
SERVINGS 4 | PREP & COOK TIME 30 mins