- 8 cup fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup red onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. quality maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, simmer the rhubarb and maple syrup for about 5 minutes or until very soft. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, make the salad. On a large platter or salad bowl, add the spinach, top with red onion, blue cheese, strawberries and blueberries and set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, add rhubarb and vinegar to a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour into a bowl and add fresh thyme and slowly whisk in oil is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and serve. This vinaigrette can be served warm or cold.
- Prep Time: 20 mins