- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovies, in oil (optional)
- 5 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano,
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 450 g Bucatini Pasta
- 4 large egg yolks
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserve 2 -3 tbsp. of pasta water.
- Place remaining ingredients, except eggs in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Just prior to tossing with pasta, add 2 -3 tbsp. of pasta water to the pesto. Toss ensuring pasta is well coated. Divide on plates and gently top with egg yolk and additional parmigiano. Serve the pasta hot to ensure it cooks the egg slightly when broken.
- The pesto can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 30 mins