- 400g wide egg noodle pasta or wide rice noodles
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red Thai chili, seeded, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil or canola
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, stems removed
- 2 tbsp. toasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Lime wedges
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sodium reduced soy sauce
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- For the sauce, whisk together all ingredients until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- For the noodles: Cook as per package instructions (al dente). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat a Wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil along with the garlic and chili’s. Stir until translucent.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until half way cooked. Add the red pepper and stir fry until chicken is cooked through and red peppers are tender but not too soft.
- Add chicken stock, noodles and sauce. Gently stir fry until well coated. Add fresh basil and stir for another minute until basil softens. Remove from heat, toss in green onions and cilantro. Stir gently and place on platter. Top with peanuts, sprig of cilantro and lime wedges.
- Prep Time: 30 mins