Makes 8 mini cups
- 4 Large flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups Corn (charred in a skillet)
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or !/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chili powder
- ¼ cup Queso anejo or queso cotija or feta cheese
- 1 Lime, cut into small wedges
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a medium saucepan with 1 litre of oil to medium-high heat. Cut your flour tortillas into triangles that resemble nacho chips. Fry the chips until they are golden brown and crispy. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil and lightly season with salt.
- In a cast iron skillet cook corn until lightly charred. Season with salt and some melted butter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, garlic and ancho chili powder until well combined. Add the corn to the bowl and stir to coat.
- Assemble your cups: Fill each mini cup with corn leaving about 1/2 inch of space from top for other toppings. garnish each cup with more feta cheese, ancho chili powder, lime and cilantro. Serve warm with the fresh tortilla chips.
- Cook Time: 25 mins