Here are some really quick appetizers using seasonal ingredients like strawberries, peaches and corn. They are great for summer entertaining and pair perfectly with summer cocktails.Print
Easy Peach & Prosciutto Bundles
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
Makes 10 bundles
- 2–3 medium sized peaches
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 10 large basil leaves, rinsed and trimmed
- Wooden appetizer skewers
- Slice the peaches into wedges and grill them until soft and there are grill marks. Wrap each peach wedge with a slice of prosciutto and tuck in a basil leaf. Secure the bundle with a wooden skewer.
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Summer crostini (Goat cheese, strawberries, honey and mint)
- Total Time: 10 mins
Makes 10-12 crostinis
- 1 Baguette
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 20 mint leaves, washed and torn
- ½ cup Goat cheese
- Honey and balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Cut your baguette into ¾ inch slices and toast them until golden brown. Spread goat cheese on each slice, add a layer of sliced strawberries, torn basil leaves and then drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Mini Mexican Street Corn cups served with fresh tortilla chips
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
Makes 8 mini cups
- 4 Large flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups Corn (charred in a skillet)
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or !/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chili powder
- ¼ cup Queso anejo or queso cotija or feta cheese
- 1 Lime, cut into small wedges
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a medium saucepan with 1 litre of oil to medium-high heat. Cut your flour tortillas into triangles that resemble nacho chips. Fry the chips until they are golden brown and crispy. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil and lightly season with salt.
- In a cast iron skillet cook corn until lightly charred. Season with salt and some melted butter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, garlic and ancho chili powder until well combined. Add the corn to the bowl and stir to coat.
- Assemble your cups: Fill each mini cup with corn leaving about 1/2 inch of space from top for other toppings. garnish each cup with more feta cheese, ancho chili powder, lime and cilantro. Serve warm with the fresh tortilla chips.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
(*All photos were taken by Michael Rao and these recipes were first featured in Lady York Foods Summer 2016 Magazine).