- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest and juice of 4 large limes
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1 egg white
- 2 ½ Tbsp of your favourite Tequila
- Shot Glasses
- Salt for rimming
- Lime wedges
- Heat the water, sugar, and mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set the mixture aside to cool and to extract the mint flavour. Once completely cooled, strain the mixture in a bowl to remove the mint leaves.
- Add the lime juice, zest, tequila and mix well. In a separate bowl beat egg white to a meringue. Add meringue to the lime mixture and beat on low until incorporated.
- Pour mixture in an air tight plastic container and freeze overnight.
- Note: When serving top up with additional Tequila!!
- Prep Time: 30 mins