- 1 bottle vodka (1.75L)
- Peels from 10 oranges
- 2 cups Raw Organic cacao nibs (or blood oranges)
- 10 cups simple syrup (10 cups of sugar to 10 cups of water)
- Combine the cacao nibs and orange peels and vodka in a sealable glass jar. Stir and then let steep in a cool dark place for about 8-10 days.
- After the initial steeping period, bring the sugar and water to a boil and continue to heat until the sugar has dissolved. Let this syrup cool completely, then add it to the jar and let it steep for an additional day.
- Strain out the nibs and orange peels through a sieve and then filter through a coffee filter into the bottles or jars you’ll use for storage.
- Refrigeration isn’t necessary and the liqueur should keep for about 2 months.