These glazed and roasted carrots are tender and sweet. Try to get carrots with the tops attached for a nicer presentation. Bourbon adds another flavour that makes these carrots truly delicious.
- 3 lb. baby carrots, preferably with green tops, peeled & trimmed, leaving 1/2 inch of tops attached
- 1/3 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. good quality bourbon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Position the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- spread the carrots in a single layer on a large heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. In a measuring cup, combine the maple syrup, oil, and bourbon.
- Drizzle the syrup mixture over the carrots and sprinkle with the cayenne and 2 tsp. salt. Using your hands, toss the carrots to coat evenly. Cover the tops of the carrot with foil paper to prevent browning.
- Roast the carrots, undisturbed for 15 minutes. Toss and continue to roast until tender when pierced with a fork (about 20 minutes). (You can roast the carrots up to 1 hour ahead; keep them at room temperature on the roasting pan. Reheat in the oven, or serve them at room temperature). Transfer to a platter and drizzle with maple syrup and olive oil mixture. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins