This quick warm slaw will make any person who isn’t fond of brussels sprouts change their minds. The slight acidity of the lemon rounds out the buttery flavour of the sprouts, while the hazelnuts add a great crunchy texture to the dish.
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts roasted and chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Halve brussels sprouts lengthwise and then thinly slice crosswise, discarding the ends.
- Saute in butter until crisp-tender.
- Toss with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, finely chopped shallot, chopped toasted hazelnuts, salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 15 mins