Crispy Lentil and Nut Sesame Snap Bars
Pin It: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/214554369724072783/
These delicious gluten-free bars take no time to make and are a great on-the-go snack.
1½ cup (375 mL) cooked french green lentils
1 tbsp. (15 mL) sunflower oil
2 ½ cup (625 mL) brown sesame seeds
2 cup (500 mL) unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 cup (250 mL) unsalted pistachio nuts halved
½ cup (125 mL) high quality honey
3 tbsp. (45 mL) light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss lentils in the sunflower oil and spread lentils in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins. Stir and then bake for an additional 15 mins, until fully crisp. Set aside.
1. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides.
2. Heat a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
3. Add the sesame seeds and stir for 5 mins until lightly toasted.
4. Add the lentils, peanuts and pistachios and stir an additional 3-4 mins until heated through.
5. Remove pot from heat and add the sugar and honey. Return to heat and stir for 3-4 mins until sugar has melted and honey has thickened.
6. Pour mixture in lined pan and spread evenly. Carefully cut bars with a sharp knife while mixture is warm. Wet your knife to avoid bars from sticking.
7. Let cool. Lift the bars out with the parchment paper and enjoy. Bars can be kept in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 16 bars/ Prep & Cook time 45 mins