This recipe makes 10 cups of popcorn!
- 10 cups unflavored popped popcorn (1/2 cup of kernels)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Reese Spread
- Optional: 2/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Pop the popcorn and pour it into a large bowl. (If you like peanuts, incorporate them with the popcorn at this point.) Set aside. Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add the honey and sugar. Warm the mixture until it is hot and is slightly bubbling. Allow it to boil for a few minutes (it will look like caramel and the sugar should be dissolved). Add the salt and the Reese Spread and stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Slowly drizzle the mixture over the popcorn and using a large spoon fold the caramel into the popcorn until practically every kernel is coated. Pour the popcorn onto prepared baking sheet and lighty spread it apart. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes and break apart the clusters before serving.
- This caramel popcorn will remain fresh for up to 2 days covered at room temperature. If storing in an air-tight container, simply break apart before serving (since it will stick together).
- *Spicy Alternative:
- If you like spice, add 1 teaspoon of Sriracha to the caramel mixture.
- Prep Time: 20 mins