This Dessert needs to set overnight.
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35% table cream
- ¾ cup (175 mL) icing sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) brewed cooled espresso coffee
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 6 oz (175 g) semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- Line a 2 to 2.5 L loaf pan with plastic wrap so it hangs over the edges of pan.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in icing sugar until combined. Stir in cooled espresso and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, in a stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat on high until well blended.
- Fold hazelnuts and chocolate into whipped cream mixture until well combined. Fold cream into egg mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. Remove plastic wrap, slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 mins