- 2 large beets, peeled and sliced thinly (paper thin, if possible)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced thinly (about 1/8th inch thick)
- 1 Tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add your sliced beets to a large bowl and your sliced sweet potatoes to a separate large bowl (to prevent the beet colour from running all over the sweet potato). Pat your vegetable slices down with a paper towel (removing the starchy moisture will help them get crispier.)
- Divide the olive oil among both bowls, as well as salt and pepper. Use your hands to incorporate into the sliced sweet potatoes first, then the sliced beets.
- Turn on your Breville Smart Oven Air and set to AirFry (335 degrees Fahrenheit). Lay out your sliced rounds of beet and sweet potato on the designated AirFry rack and AirFry for 15-18 minutes. Keep an eye on the chips and remove any that are browning too much and set aside. Slightly golden edges is okay but you don’t want them too brown. Transfer crisped chips to a parchment-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with more sea salt while they’re warm and then let cool. Transfer to a serving plate.
- I serve my Beet & Sweet Potato chips with a simple dip of crème fraiche (1/2 cup), garlic (1 clove, crushed) and freshly chopped dill (1 Tbsp). Combine in a bowl and serve alongside the chips.