- 1 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 400 g Fresh (frozen) udon noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- sliced green onion or freshly chopped cilantro
- Optional: blanched bok choy
- Prepare the onions, carrots and green onion and set aside.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with hot tap water and add the frozen udon noodles to the bowl so they defrost and separate before adding them to the wok.
- Blanch your bok choy and then set aside while keeping it warm.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add carrots and regular onions and cook, stirring, until onions are soft and carrots are tender. Add green onion and cook, stirring, for just about 30 seconds.
- Gently mix your soaking noodles to loosen and separate, then drain. Add drained noodles to the wok and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add sauce and cook for another 30 second, stirring to combine well (frozen udon noodles are pretty much already cooked and become overcooked very quickly so do not cook them for too long). Remove cooked noodles to a bowl and garnish with additional sliced green onion and/or cilantro. Serve with blanched bok choy.