Fun fusilli pasta gets an Asian twist! Cashews, sesame and ginger steal the show in this light and fresh salad. We also added some crunchy red pepper and edamame for that crunch that we all know and love!
Pair this salad with some grilled steak, chicken or your favorite seafood. Or, Increase your portion and feel free to have it as your main dish!
- 454 g (16 oz) dry fusilli pasta
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 2 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sesame oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) good-quality honey
- 2 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook fusilli according to package directions for al dente.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with red pepper, edamame, red cabbage and scallions.
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Toss gently with pasta mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro and cashew nuts.